- Manage product design, calculations, drawings, estimating, quotes, production, delivery and installation of machine and fabrication products. Assist the company with Engineering design and production, and improvements to design and production processes.
- Manage Design and Programming to run effectively.
- Oversee Engineering Department to improve efficiency and quality of models, nests, drawings.
- Develop and provide information on Best Practices in the Engineering and Production Departments (scrap reduction, form improvements, efficiency improvements, mix designs, etc.).
- Coordinate with and support the Quality Control/Quality Assurance Programs for the company. Provide guidance and broad direction to the QC personnel.
- Provide technical assistance and perform technical sales presentations in front of a group.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineering (PE)
- Minimum of 24 months of structural design experience and minimum of 12 months of management related work experience
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret drawings and be able to perform structural and mechanical designs for fabrication and machine applications in various industries.
- Must be able to use a variety of computer programs, including Solidworks, Word, AutoCAD, Excel
- Must have good organization and communication skills
- Must be able to interact with customers, managers, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues.
- Must be a problem solver and detailed-oriented person
- Needs to be a “hands on” personality who can deal with going from an office environment to a plant of field environment