Why Choose Ameritex?
Since 2004, our company specializes in sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding, and structural fabrication. We have a proven record of excellence in designing and manufacturing quality custom products in Montgomery County, TX for individuals and companies across the US.
The technological advances in the manufacturing and fabrication industry require high-level employees in all phases from start to finish.
If you are motivated, detail-oriented, and dedicated to success, a job with our company is for you. We offer competitive wages, insurance benefits, holiday, vacation and 401K.
Browse our open positions below. To apply, please complete and submit an application form for the desired position. Thank you for your interest in employment with our company.
- Weld Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Carbon Steel -- MiG, TIG
- Read and red-line drawings
- Skilled in reading engineering drawings
- Skilled in maintaining weld equipment and welding area organized and very clean.
- Skilled in measurements and understanding metric vs. British
- Skilled in and practiced teamwork and team productivity
- Understanding quality requirements
- Able to read drawings,
- Know how to red-line drawings and fit properly.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Preferred 1-2 years of experience welding aluminum
- Provide IT support for all end users in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain the practices of the IT Policy and execute all procedures designed to keep the network secure.
- Assist with the implementation of new and existing equipment in both a manufacturing and office environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all technologies utilized in the Ameritex Facilities while also continuing training if needed.
- Maintaining a clean and coordinated network structure, as well as the termination of various cable combinations. (Ex: Straight through, Cross-Over, etc.)
- Assist in the deploying of all computers related items that could consist of but not limited to the following: networking equipment, desktop computers, laptops, tablets, cameras, enclosures, and others.
Education and Experience:
- Two to four years of experience in providing computer and network support in business level environment.
- Associates degree in Computer Technology related fields is required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement and inventory for the facility.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms, best price and service.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Interview, hire, and train personnel for procurement and inventory related activities
- Educate other managers, supervisors and associates on the procurement and inventory processes as they change.
- Use historical data to develop budgets on shop and office consumables, review purchases versus the budgets and present KPI’s to executive team to control spending
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Have regular meetings with executive team regarding spending habits, budgets and outliers of interest.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement within the procurement, inventory and receiving teams.
- Analyze market for trends and take action to proactively address potential supply chain disruptions.
- Clearly identify and present cost reduction opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration.
- Proven Experience using supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software, ERP Systems, and other tools. Shoptech E2 or Jobboss, are used at Ameritex Machine & Fab. LLC.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing/reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and Leadership Skills.
- Multi-tasking a and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Oversee all the activities of the paint department and direct helpers on related tasks.
- Prioritize production flow to support delivery schedules while maximizing productivity and minimizing gas utility consumption.
- Set-up equipment, maintain water levels, prepare powder, fire oven, adjusts equipment settings for quality, etc.
- Apply paint to specification.
- Manage baking and curing times to maintain high quality standards; instruct others to pack when painted parts are dry.
- Perform final inspection for the department to specified procedures; comply with all quality system requirements; work may be subject to secondary approval.
- Troubleshoot paint problems and executes resolutions.
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning of powder booth, spray guns, power washing equipment, pressure pots, oven, etc.
- Maintain powder paint and related supply inventory; keeps storage areas in clean and orderly condition.
- At the direction of the Shop Supervisor, train and maintain training for at least one backup person to set-up equipment and powder paint.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, reports to purchasing as items near minimum levels to ensure there are no shortages.
- Establishes and maintains backup source for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Provides inventory reports to purchasing and inventory control manager.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or inventory control manager.
- Creates parts and hardware kits per by pulling from stock and combining purchased items in an organized manner per the job schedule
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Assists with periodic (Weekly or Biweekly) physical inventory audits.
- Operates forklift truck when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with computerized inventory systems required.
- Forklift operator certification preferred.
- Work in fabrication department assembling fabricated products
- Pass department test
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- The physical ability to lift and carry at least 50-100 lb. net bags, boxes and/or pallets for short distances
- The physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass all Drug & Alcohol Screening
- Limited exposure to fumes, dirt, noise and