Production Shift Manager, responsible for a shift, in a high-pace and lean manufacturing environment with laser cutting, machining, bending, fabrication, welding, assembly, and powder coating operations. This position will have multiple Production Supervisors reporting to them.
Specific Duties Include:
- Create a culture of Safety and accountability around all Teams as well as individual work assignments.
- Adhere to all quality standards within the department.
- Plans and manages the daily activities in manufacturing area for a shift.
- Assures production output support the production schedule.
- Assures production output meets all applicable quality requirements.
- Perform human resource tasks such as performance management, training and development, recognition, time management, and corrective action.
- Monitor manufacturing area supplies and equipment; initiate purchasing requests as needed.
- Champion lean principles by identifying and perusing opportunities for improvement.
- Promote the concepts of 5S by maintaining clean & organized work areas with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, & utilization.
- Ensure assigned staff are qualified and appropriately trained for assigned work.
- Evaluates employee performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Continually seek to improve work processes & individual performance.
- Adhere to all company policies & operational procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant supervisor/management experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing/warehouse/distribution experience