We’re continuing our new Product Highlight series, where we dive deeper into the custom fabrications we commonly build at Ameritex. In our last blog, we explored sheet metal fabricated tanks.
Now, let’s shift gears and discuss structural fabricated racks.
What Are Structural Fabricated Racks?
Structural fabricated racks are widely used in the electrical industry to serve many vital purposes. Here are a few standard racks Ameritex has extensive experience building:
- Switchracks that provide a secure place to mount sensitive electronics
- Analyzer Racks that provide a place to mount analyzer equipment
- Pipe racks that support pipes, power cables, and instrument cable trays
- Storage racks that provide off-the-floor storage solutions at commercial facilities
- Electrical and solar racks that hold general electrical equipment, batteries and solar panels
Structural Fabricated Rack Options
Customers have several options when requesting quotes for structural fabricated racks:
- Materials. Like most custom fabrications we build, we typically use aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel. Carbon steel has different finishing options, including hot-dip galvanization, zinc coating, powder coating, and paint.
- Modular vs. fully welded. Choose between a modular rack with multiple pieces that bolt together or a fully welded rack that’s all in one piece. Modular racks can be any size you need, but welded racks are limited to about 12’ x 30’ due to finishing and shipping constraints.
- Easy lifting. We can add lifting eyes or fork pockets to structural fabricated racks for easy lifting and installing with a crane or forklift.
- Weather protection. If your structural fabricated rack will be in an outdoor environment, we can add a roof to protect it from the elements.
- Custom enclosures. Need a custom enclosure to mount to your structural fabricated rack? We can build that for you, too.
Why Ameritex Excels at Building Structural Fabricated Racks
You could go to just any shop for your structural fabricated racks, but you should know that there are a few things that set Ameritex apart from the competition:
- Structural processing capabilities. We use advanced tube laser cutting technology to ensure efficiency and repeatability. Our team can make the same high-quality pieces consistently with minimal human intervention.
- Pre-cut holes. Other shops may wait to drill holes until after finishing operations are complete, but we pre-cut all holes on our laser cutter. This approach is especially important for galvanized carbon steel, ensuring that the coating accesses the inside of each hole to prevent rusting.
When you need a structural fabricated rack, Ameritex is here to deliver. Request a quote, and we’ll respond within 24 hours.