We pride ourselves on the diversity of our custom fabrication work and the wide range of industries we serve. But the truth is that as an industrial sheet metal fabrication shop in the Houston area, we owe much of our success to the oil and gas industry. And how could we not—what’s Houston without oil?
Both upstream and downstream oil and gas companies rely on Ameritex for heavy and light fabrication. Most of our largest products are likely headed to an oil patch or refinery near you. Today, we’re pulling back the curtain on our background and expertise in this industry.
Challenges of Working with the Oil and Gas Industry
Providing industrial sheet metal fabrication services for oil and gas customers comes with its own unique set of challenges. The industry itself is notoriously dangerous, and there’s no room for error, so fabricators must be on top of their game.
From a general business perspective, demand and production can shift dramatically in the oil and gas sector. When demand is up, companies expect their heavy fabrication vendors to mirror their sense of urgency with lightning-fast production.
Fortunately, Ameritex is fully equipped to face these challenges head-on.
Why Ameritex Excels at Industrial Sheet Metal Fabrication
Here’s why oil and gas customers come to us for industrial sheet metal fabrication:
- Full staff of certified welders. Welding is an essential capability for manufacturing oil and gas products, and heavy fabrication vendors must undergo a stringent vetting process before a customer hires them for the job. Ameritex has a full staff of certified welders specializing in various methods like spot welding, stitch welding, and seam welding. Our team has passed many of these vetting processes with flying colors.
- Comprehensive inspection processes. Quality is of paramount importance in a high-risk industry like oil and gas. In addition to maintaining a full staff of certified welders, Ameritex has comprehensive inspection processes in place to ensure the quality of our industrial sheet metal fabrication work. We conduct dye penetrant testing and magnetic particle testing, in-house to rule out leaks and defects and regularly call in third-party inspection companies to conduct certified testing when needed.
- Fast lead times. Our tagline is, “Custom metal fabrications in a fraction of the time,” and we’re committed to living up to that promise. In fact, we credit the oil and gas industry with driving us to prioritize fast turnaround times for all of our customers. We know oil and gas companies need us to deliver in record time, and we’re up for the challenge.
Common Parts We Make for the Oil and Gas Industry
If you’re looking for a proven and reliable heavy fabrication vendor, we hope you’ll turn to Ameritex. Here’s a short list of some of the oil and gas parts we specialize in:
- Interlocking wall panel buildings
- Fully welded plate buildings
- UL listed enclosures
- Wind rated structural racks
- Shot or charge tubes
Request a quote today, and we’ll respond within 24 hours!